If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer - Center for Sustainability in Eaton India Innovation Center-Eaton Research Labs (ERL) based in Pune, India.. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring compliance to all regulations and technical strategic planning and response to regulatory developments as they apply to the product lifecycle of the CHD (Crouse Hind Division of Lighting products) business. Build technical capabilities as well as lead and mentor Product Stewardship team. Build and leverage synergies between global sustainability team, compliance team, SCM and Product developments teams. Develop and manage process to unlock significant business opportunities or risks arising from current and upcoming regulations, industry trends and Eaton sustainability goals. Develop and maintain SOP and training to ensure company-wide awareness in compliance with Product Stewardship requirements, governing bodies, regulatory and internal requirements.In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Provides Technical leadership to the team to meet its project deliverables.
- Leads in building Product Stewardship roadmaps for CHD business in line with the evolving regulations, anticipated industry requirements and internal requirements.
- Deep expertise in major regulations (EU/China RoHS, EU/Korea REACH, US TSCA, California Proposition 65, Canada EPA, WEEE, Biocides regulation, etc.) , Industry requirements/standards (JIG-101, IEC 62474, IPC-1752, etc.) and major OEM customer requirements.
- EU WEEE – Establishing local take back, calculation and payment of necessary fees.
- Build technical capabilities as well as lead and mentor Product Stewardship team apart from guiding both local product development and engineering services to the Global engineering needs in the field of Product Stewardship.
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies, standard bodies, sustainable/eco-label certification schemes and trade associations and develop strategies to promote and defend Eaton products and business practices.
- Understand customer requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
- Interact with key customers/stakeholders in understanding current & upcoming regulations and their relevance to our products as well as collaborate to enable streamlined product compliance acceptance process.
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
- Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Finds synergies and leverages engineering capabilities across groups
If you are:
- Bachelor’s with 9-10 years’ experience / Masters with 6-7 years’/ PhD with 3 to 4 years of experience in Product Stewardship, Regulatory affairs and/or Sustainability Domain.
Excellent teaming skills and oral and written communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Proven experience on Talent management (Hire, Develop, Retain), resource allocation and project management.
Experience in working with regulatory agencies, standard bodies, sustainable/eco-label certification schemes and trade associations and proven track record in regulatory advocacy.
Experience as an influencer in implementation of regulatory requirements in new product introductions and manufacturing process in Plants.
Proven track record of building technical capability and roadmaps, mentoring and coaching junior team members on technical matters.
Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required.
Exceptionally strong technical knowledge in the field of product stewardship and sustainability.
Experience and knowledge of SAP EH&S module
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time