Senior Product Engineer (Switchboards) - Chicago Satellite
Eaton’s Commercial Distribution Products & Assemblies division is currently seeking a Senior Product Engineer (Switchboards) to join our team. This position is based at our Chicago, IL satellite.
The Senior Product Engineer will execute administrative, engineering/technical, supply chain & sales functions in support of the goals established for the Satellite facility’s manufacture of high quality power distribution products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare all drawings and manufacturing information (mechanical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, bills of material, etc.) to ensure execution of facility goals.
- You will maintain positive regional client group relationships regarding technical specifications, product application, requests for approval and job site visits.
- You will manage Customer Quality (CQM) warranty issues with respect to troubleshooting and engineering of products shipped.
- You will ensure inventory and purchase orders are executed proactively to resolve all issues in a timely manner relative to the facility production schedule.
- You will assist with specific scheduling for Satellite/Service Center products; ensure these items are manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels.
- You will maintain good working relationships with customers, distributors, supply chain, Eaton sales personnel and internal plant personnel in support of a quality customer service effort
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of product engineering experience (including internship experience)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Mechatronics Engineering
- 3 years of related product engineering experience
- Strong product knowledge of Panelboards/Switchboards
- Strong knowledge of controls engineering
- Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and analyze product application issues and drive them to root cause resolution.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers.
- Must be a strong team player that enjoys a fast paced environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time