Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More from us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
Location: Cwmbran, Wales UK
Based in South Wales, the facility is the centre of excellence for the Fire product line, a leading manufacturer and a global supplier of high quality fire systems and devices. With our ability to provide complete systems, not just components, our customers can be confident in the knowledge that all of our products have been specifically designed and tested to ensure that they are all fully compatible to form a reliable and compliant fire detection and alarm system.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and functionally to the Divisional Quality Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing a continuous improvement orientated culture and provides active leadership to the quality team in the deployment and execution of the defined Strategic Quality Plan for the product line.
The Quality Manager drives the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements
Your main duties:
• Manages Quality customer interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause and corrective action determination
• Ensures quality organization support to Supply Chain Management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data providing expertise and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements
• Leads the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing quality leadership and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services
• Participates in, and may lead, the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes
• Analyzes organizational quality metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level
• Develops and implements a Quality structure capable of supporting strategic business plans and initiatives
• Designs and implements quality assurance training programs and conducts training in quality-related topics
• Ensures functional participation in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing
• Leads improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits
• Ensures development, implementation and audit of complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions
• Evaluates operational performance of the local team in order to facilitate appropriate performance management and leadership
• Coordinates with plant leadership to prepare consolidated plant, customer, and product status information and action plans
• Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across the wider Eaton
What we are looking for:
• Degree in Engineering (Bachelor level or higher)
• Good working experience in a similar role
• Able to demonstrate application of lean and quality professional tools
• Leadership experiecne
• Analytical thinking
• Ethical mind set at all times
• Interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to coordinate
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and problem solve
• Good verbal and written communication
• Good understanding of computers and software packages
• Work well within a team environment, whilst being able to plan and execute own work initiatives
• Strong presentation skills
What we offer:
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering
• At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time