Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Maintenance Manager for the Lincoln, IL facility.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the maintenance personnel in the assigned area of responsibility, plan and execute Safety, 5S, Preventative and Corrective Maintenance along with a TPM strategy and to support continuous improvement activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct the maintenance repair of plant equipment, machines, buildings, grounds for all shifts and manages the work order system. Maintains all necessary maintenance records and prepares required reports to monitor productivity, OEE, and PM effectiveness. Drive improvement.
- You will contract with outside vendors for equipment repairs and abnormal maintenance. Assures that all contractors are trained in safety matters and that insurance certificates are on file.
- You will develop and controls budget for all maintenance areas. Forecasts maintenance plan (personnel, equipment and space requirements).
- You will maintain a preventive maintenance program for machines, equipment, buildings and grounds. Must maintain PM records for all equipment and recommend changes to improve OEE based on trends.
- You will maintain tool crib for maintenance. Establishes an adequate inventory of replacement and repair parts for equipment and machines. Oversees procurement of necessary parts.
- You will participate in establishing, maintaining and training an effective plant emergency organization.
- You will be responsible for the hiring of maintenance and janitorial personnel. Evaluates new employees and oversees the training of new employees, apprentices and trainees. Assists in training and development maintenance personnel. Ensures training in safety procedures and ensures safe work practices are adhered to.
- You will complete annual performance reviews and monitors performance of personnel.
- You will stay up to date with “state of the art” equipment, software and maintenance techniques.
- You will participate in understanding and adhering to OSHA and EPA regulations. Makes sure that equipment and processes meet all requirements. Initiates safety review on all new processes and/or equipment.
- You will participate in understanding and adhering to ISO 14001 and 9001 standards and MESH. Champion for category 8.0 elements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution with 7 years of maintenance experience OR Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution with 3 years of maintenance experience
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- 4 Years of Maintenance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline a plus
- Machining/Metal Fabrication experience strongly preferred
- Prior working experience with in an Electrical/Mechanical environment
- Automation experience and/or PLC experience including Allen Bradley
- Prior experience working within a Union Environment
- Class K waste water Treatment license
- Strong knowledge in the electrical and mechanical fields, equipment and machine design, building and plant maintenance techniques is required. Knowledge in structural and architectural matters is helpful.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations including OSHA and EPA requirements is required.
- Must have administrative knowledge in company policies, procedures and budget control.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time