Associate Analyst GL & FA
Job Title: Associate Analyst GL & FA Req: 069572
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Associate Analyst GL & FA in Eaton’s Global Finance System and Services, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Perform and support the monthly closing process, Balance sheet Review BSR and DSA (Design Self-Assessment), Review and Coordinate AP tracking and validation, reconciliations (Bank, Intercompany and Payroll in future) for Eaton business units.
Your essential responsibilities:
Perform the monthly closing process
Treasury, Grid Note & ZBA. Perform recording and Reconciliation in Corporate ledgers.
Actively participate in continuous improvement programs and committees.
Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications.
Gathers data for potential process improvements
Prepares monthly report-outs for team meetings to measure team performance
Strong focus on internal controls and company’s accounting policies
Know and comply with Eaton policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited institution required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Accounts payable domain
- BPO/Customer service industry experience essential, preferably captive shared service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Structured approach to problem solving and ability to analyze a situation to identify the root cause
- Good knowledge of internal controls especially SOX requirements
- Ability to work within a team environment
- ERP knowledge preferably SAP
- Strong accounting knowledge – Local GAAP, US GAAP or IFRS
- Sound MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word) required
- Good Accounting knowledge
- Strong customer service orientation
- Structured approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Ability to apply accounting system expertise to troubleshoot financial system problems, resolve customer issues and implement new solutions.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment or independently.
- Adaptable to change.
- Demonstrates strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity, Customer Focus, Functional/Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Drive for Results.
- Drive for Results./Technical Skills, Integrity and Trust, Intellectual Horsepower, Managerial Courage, Organizational Agility, Problem Solving, Drive for Results Knowledge of data processing in respect of financial systems and multiple ERP systems, particularly Oracle and SAP.
• Position will require the candidate to work in a Nigh Shift (18:30 to 03:00 AM (early morning – next day)
• Shared Services experience.
• Must be flexible in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities.
• Work with a sense of urgency, high metrics driven, and high quality of work
• Ability to work effectively with other members in the team and with internal and external customers required ( wherever required)
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only