Analyst - Accounting
Job Title: Analyst – Accounting - # 069570
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Analyst – Accounting in Eaton’s Global Finance System and Services, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This role will be part of GFSS Pune team responsible and accountable to perform the daily operations of the PTP, OTC & RTR processes for the customers (in INDIA Regions) from GFSS, Pune with due focus on Accounting (RTR process). The individual should understand the process workflows well and be able to decipher the process interconnect and impacts. The role requires the individual to monitor and analyze accounting data and ensure compliance to the Eaton Financial Policies, legal requirements, GAAP and agreed SLAs with the customers
Your essential responsibilities:
- Process Centric - thorough understanding of the financial processes (RTR, OTC & PTP) with due focus on accounting- RTR. Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close. Demonstrate efficiency, agility and ensure a high level of accuracy.
- Collaboration - Collaborates with the other stakeholders to support overall goals and objectives. Work closely with the Account Manager in achieving the required goals and timelines. Proactively manage issues through understanding of the overall processes and interconnect.
- Control & Compliance - Responsible for conforming to corporate policies and reporting, legal requirements, Local and US GAAP.
- Quality culture: Drive and leverage various systems and tools to automate processes and drive process improvements. Must use quality tools like BPI, EBE, etc.
- Process Standardization: Regular review of existing controls and Governance of the standard processes and ensuring alignment to globally defined SSC processes
- CI- Demonstrate a practical approach to continuous improvement of the processes.
Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect
• Adherence to Timelines as per the statutory calendar with proactive planning and execution for the ledgers
• Utilizing ERP/Oracle to utmost for reporting.
• Continuous improvements and streamlining of accounting and reporting processes with an aim to reduce time and effort.
• Analytical bend of mind
Shift working 9:00am to 6:30 pm however needs to stretch beyond the shift
based on the requirements
If you are having,
Accounting Degree (CA), MBA-Finance or B.com. (Accounting) with required experience
Must have an end-to-end process knowledge for GL/FA and good understanding of OTC and PTP encompassing overall accounting as the area
Good experience of Oracle ERP
6-8 years of total experience
Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
knowledge of direct and indirect tax
Excellent analytical, written and oral English communication skills
Ability to work collaboratively across boundaries/business lines.
Excellent MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.),Excel Macro
Dealing with ambiguity with regard to changes in regulations/external requirements
Systematic process orientation, strong analytical and problem solving skills
Commitment to compliance
Be a self-starter & be able to operate without close supervision
Drive, enthusiasm, openness, honesty
Influencing skills with relationship building with the customers and stakeholders
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time