Manager Sourcing #069567
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Manager Sourcing in Eaton’s Vehicle Group business, based in Bangalore, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Vehicle Group business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy commodity strategy for assigned commodities to deliver YOY cost reduction
- Identify supplier to meet the commodity requirements in terms of quality, cost, delivery (including Kanban, VMI).
- Monitor and track the commodity prices , Market evaluation. Should have sound knowledge of Imports.
- Develop detailed elemental cost sheets for each part in the related commodity.
- Develop strong Supplier - Eaton relationship with a partnership concept.
- Onsite assessment of vendor and preparation of Balance score card for supplier, supplier evaluation and capability assessment, risk management.
- Supplier capacity mapping and develop supply base to meet production volumes.
- Negotiate commercial relationships through supply agreements for total cost of ownership for each product
- Make or buy decision through strategic core/non-core analysis.
- Initiate, lead cost reduction projects to drive cost outs as per profit plan.
- Identify process change, VA/VE with support of engineering/design for material cost reductions.
- Co-Own the Project Monitoring with the SDE till the time of stabilization of the new part and complete handover to Materials.
- Work along with SDE for capacity improvement and cost reduction , Including identifying new mfg technologies.
- Implementation and adherence to the Eaton Business System related to SCM Function.
- Demonstrate very high level of Integrity and Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold suppliers accountable for ethical conduct in all the transactions.
- Adherence to regulatory requirements and governance.
- Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on continuous improvement and change.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering
- 8 - 10 years of experience in sourcing, supplier development & procurement in engineering company preferably in Auto Component or Hydraulic Industry
- 3-4 year of hands-on experience on product costing, formulating commercial contracts
- Through understanding of manufacturing processes such as Castings, CNC machining, Multi-Spindle machining, etc.
- Knowledge of quality systems and project management.
- Should be familiar with incoterms
- Knowledge on Vendor development /Quality check methodology
- Six Sigma Greenbelt preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English (written & verbal)
- Relationship with suppliers as well as customers – Internal and External
- Cross Functions Team Working Skills due to Matrix Organization reporting
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time