Financial Accountant (English + European language)
This is a key role within the Global Financial Services and Systems (GFSS) Function within the Budapest Business Centre. The individual in the role will be responsible and accountable to perform the accounting activities for daily operations of the customers in the EMEA region. Provide a financial controllership service including review and analysis of monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget and forecast. Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial reporting that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Analysis of financial data relating to rolling forecasts, profit plans, monthly results and ad-hoc requests
• Perform all necessary review, analysis and postings required in line with month end requirements and in line with accounting standards.
• Acquire & maintain complete understanding of the Eaton financial analysis tools including Oracle/SAP/Hyperion/Encore/Radar/HFM/ to ensure accurate reporting
• Develop and improve Forecasting, Actual and budgeting Financial Analysis reporting
• Produce Month end reporting requirements including full balance sheet reconciliation, review and compliance checks including co-ordination of balance sheet sign off in line with SOX/audit requirements.
• Proactively seek new opportunities to improve the productivity within the Accounting team to ensure a value add service to key customers
• Provide guidance where appropriate, on findings through business and financial Analysis
• Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
• Support the transfer new service offerings or enhancements either through direct on-boarding responsibility or providing financial guidance, viewpoints and support where required
• Insures adherence to standard accounting principles and practices under both local and US GAAP
• Complete all balance sheet monthly and quarterly deliverables and review balance sheet positions for integrity of accruals
• Maintain key business relationships to provide excellent customer service
• Perform any other ad hoc financial tasks assigned as required
• Provide Internal and external audit support as required throughout the year.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting
- Min. 2 year finance, accounting or similar relevant experience
- Advanced PC / Technical Skills and Experience with Microsoft Office Products including MS Access, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of ERP preferably Oracle and SAP
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills & additionally min. intermediate level in any other European language (other than Hungarian)
- Proven track record in delivering process improvement initiatives
- Previous experience of finance modules, ideally Oracle and/or SAP
- Ability to deal with a range of issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Be very solutions driven, analytical and capable of delivering results
- Experienced in providing a high standard of customer care
- Able to work within a large, multi-cultural organisation with international stakeholders
- Effective communication, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Strong cross/multi-cultural background and experience; sensitive to cultural differences
- Solid understanding and experience with USGAAP; exposure to SOX
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No