Operator III - Braid (2nd Shift)
You will be required to cross train in other cells.
Braiding: Strip and set-up braider as required including insert proper tooling and insert wound bobbins to braider
Winding: Strip and set-up winders.
Proof test: Places coil of hose in tester, hook up to clamps and pressure test with water to proper specifications.
Finishing: Inspect hose to make sure that specifications are met. Coils and tag the hose to prepare it for shipping. May place in crate or box based on customer specifications.
Mandrel Load/Unload: Load and strip PTFE tubing from steel mandrels before/after braiding. Utilize overhead crane to move mandrels to/from braiders.
Crane Operation: Operators must safely operate the crane to transport poles and product through the department.
- You will perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
- You will produce a quality product, safely, on-time, and with the least cost possible.
- You will review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- You will accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- You will participate in cell/team activities including, but not limited to, team meetings, problem-solving, Kaizen events, etc.
- You will maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices
- You will follow all plant, safety, and environmental rules and regulations. Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
- You will model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and comply with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- High school Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Middlesex, NC facility will be considered.
- 1-3 years of Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
- Ability to solve complex math problem.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No