Aftermarket Supply Chain Manager
Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a regional opening for an Aftermarket Supply Chain Manager to join our team. This position will be located at one of the sites within the region of responsibilities (Grand Rapids, MI or Euclid, OH).
The Aftermarket Supply Chain Manager is responsible for strategically developing and implementing aftermarket procurement strategies and driving the procurement practices necessary to increase aftermarket sales and reduce time to market. You will be required to be familiar with complete range of supply chain management activities which includes direct and in-direct procurement, the negotiation of required deliveries and the ongoing management of supplier relationships both directly and through indirect reports. Since this position directs the activities of both entry level and experienced subordinates, it is critical that this individual be capable of training and developing a team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will develop and implement purchasing policies and practices that minimize the total cost of acquisition of materials that support the aftermarket sales for Aerospace.
You will create an efficient and comprehensive process of quoting and negotiating alien and stranger parts while reducing the lead time at time of purchase order placement.
You will develop and implement purchasing policies consistent and in support of Division/Aerospace Corporate commodity strategies.
You will develop strategies for on-boarding large aftermarket programs considering customer requirements and time to market.
You will progress qualified suppliers with capacity sufficient to support the lower volume high mix portion of Aerospace business to support government and aftermarket sales.
You will monitor and manage suppliers through trends to enable advance detection of supplier quality or capacity problems.
You will develop and train functional reporting subordinates to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
You will coordinate the planning, procurement and operations to manage flow of material to optimize shop floor capacity and resources.
You will implement Aerospace wide process changes to streamline the procurement practices for intercompany purchases.
You will project lead for expediting campaigns, high level supplier expediting, and long lead time reductions.
You will develop a forecasting strategy to optimize material availability with minimal inventory builds.
You will recommend inventory strategies to site, division and aerospace materials management group to increase availability for order fill and customer turn around for repairs and spares business.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum of three (3) years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of Grand Rapids, MI or Euclid, OH will be considered for this position.
- The candidate will be required to work on-site at one of the sites in the region of responsibility Grand Rapids, MI or Euclid, OH.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Minimum of three (3) years managing a team of employees
- Minimum of two (2) years of supply chain planning parameter experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of (2) years of Aftermarket experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ELSS Certification
- CPIM Certified
- Prior experience utilizing project management skills and philosophies
- Strong knowledge of the aftermarket customer and requirements
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic and MRP/ERP planning parameter knowledge and update requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes as well as special processes.
- Knowledge of the commodity and sub-commodity marketplace, including in Low Cost Regions
- Ability to analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement
- Ability to lead and coordinate multi discipline, multi-functional teams.
- Ability to develop strategies and priority setting for the Supply Chain initiatives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time