Production Supervisor- Off Shift
Eaton’s Hydraulics division located in Shawnee, Oklahoma has an opening for an off-shift Production Supervisor
This Supervisory position is responsible for leading, facilitating and coordinating the production activities and resources per established practices and/or policies within their job area to ensure the timely delivery of quality parts that meet or exceed customer expectations while keeping safety first. This position establishes and maintains a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton’s Values, Ethics, and Philosophies. Additionally, the Supervisor clearly communicates expectations and consistently holds self and employees accountable for performance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will leverage the Eaton Business Systems (EBS) values, tools and practices in order to drive performance excellence. In addition, you will partner with Operations Excellence (Lean, Quality, and Safety) to achieve continuous improvement results and foster a continuous improvement culture.
- You will review safety procedures and ensure safe working conditions to minimize employee risk to injury and drive a zero tolerance safety culture.
- You will facilitate assembly or component manufacture schedules on your shift by guiding a production team comprised of skilled Leads, Technicians, Machinists and Assemblers. Also, you will ensure accurate inventory levels and keep the transaction accuracy within compliance to accounting principles.
- You will coordinate Department staffing and overtime levels to achieve productivity and financial results.
- You will follow Supervisor’s Standard Work process and ensure all reports are following their Standardized Work processes.
- You will ensure a high level of morale through positive employee relations, and drive for a culture of continuous improvement. Establish/monitor goals, provide performance feedback, establish development plans and provide coaching to direct reports.
- You will ensure effective communication with other stakeholders and also cross functionally share resources to meet broader plant goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering from an accredited institution.
- Familiarity with machining and CNC equipment.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean/Six Sigma training or certifications
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Previous machinist or assembly experience
- CI, ,Lean Manufacturing, Project Management experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time