Receiving Team Lead - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Wiring Devices division is currently seeking a Receiving Team Lead on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility
This is a lead position requiring an individual to directly coordinate day-to-day activities of warehouse employees to ensure that they maintain the required production levels, inventory accuracy, quality of putaways, and good housekeeping; all while meeting on-time requirements to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assign work to team members and train team members when needed.
- You will assist employees with inquires.
- You will be responsible for updating High 5 Metric board for department.
- You will ensure effective communication with team during daily startup meetings and communicate with 2nd shift department lead through shift transition meetings.
- You will escalate matters related to attendance, performance, safety, quality, etc.
- You will communicate with external and internal stakeholder via email and phone.
- You will run transit reports and publish this to the Supply Chain Management team.
- You will prepare schedules and coordinate activities to ensure productivity and quality goals are met or exceeded to meet demands.
- You will ensure the dock is clear of any hot items that need to be shipped each day.
- You will review and resolve issues related the system, maintenance, etc to ensure minimum cost and prevent delays to the customer.
- You will perform cycle counts when discrepancies are discovered and notify the appropriate inventory control personnel when necessary.
- You will ensure proper safety and housekeeping 5S standards are maintained for the department.
- As a working lead, you will be expected to step in and become a Receiver when needed, which will include the following:
- Verify the item, the quantity and location for material.
- Consolidate any open cartons and ensure location is neat and accurate.
- Put materials away into carton flow racks properly, ensuring labels are facing forward, and verifying the location is not overstocked.
- It is the responsibility of any person who signs a bill of lading for any inbound trailer/container to ensure that the trailer is secure and locked down
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a warehouse environment.
A High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution at a minimum.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates the reside within 50 miles of the Charlotte, NC facility will be considered.
Successful completion of internal training certification for end-rider, stand up reach forklift, and sit-down forklift.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, MS Excel, and MS word.
- Possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and a drive for results
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Experience with RF technology.
- Experience with SAP warehouse management system.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Experience operating a sit down or stand up forklift
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No