Senior Manufacturing & Tooling Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division has an opening for a Senior Manufacturing & Tooling Engineer. The position is located at the Camarillo, CA Facility.
The Senior Manufacturing & Tooling Engineer plans and Implements programs of change, using Manufacturing Engineering knowledge, up to date technology and techniques, in cooperation with the manufacturing departments in helping to achieve the company goal of getting the best quality product with the highest efficiency and lowest cost possible.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
You will administer property control activities to ensure accountability of government, other customer and company fixed assets in accordance with applicable government regulations and Eaton policy and procedures. Maintain property management procedures and work instructions.
You will maintain property accountability records and related documentation; provide guidance on government regulations pertaining to property accountability; and prepare periodic and special purpose reports relative to the administration of property management processes.
You will perform functions related to supplier-held property, which includes maintaining supplier folders (including computer folders) and perform direct coordination with Eaton buyers, suppliers, Finance personnel, as well as customers (government and other customers).
You will maintain property accountability in Agile Asset Manager (FileMaker Pro 11 database) for all government/ customer assets and in SAP for Eaton fixed assets via Financial Shared Services.
You will ensure documentation for supplier-held property is maintained and provide direction to supplier personnel based upon Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) and NASA FAR Supplements (NFS).
You will prepare shipping documentation (DD1149) as needed when shipping government property
You will assist Continuous Improvement teams with a focus on 5S projects and layouts to realize savings and cost reductions.
You will maintain a constant search for identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis and technology applications.
You will develop and implement programs/projects that support the business plan of plant management.
You will participate in capital planning, investigate equipment alternatives, prepare appropriation justifications, implement equipment, and evaluate results.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing operations role
- Minimum 3 years of tooling experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered
- Working knowledge and experience in all aspects of manufacturing, i.e. knowledge and operation of machine tools, layout, blue print reading, geometric, work measurement, and working within a structure team environment.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the financial side of the business, i.e. departmental budgets, capital planning, profit plan, and production measurement systems.
- Knowledge of how to evaluate the personality of others that you encounter and being able to use that to help you in achieving company goals.
- Knowledge of environmental laws and O.S.H.A. rules and regulation.
- Experience leading Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Experience supporting Government Property administration
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time