IT Support Analyst
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking an IT Support Analyst for our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE) team. The position will provide end user support (both local and remote), support device lifecycle management, and ensure compliance with all of Eaton's policies and procedures at our Jackson, MS location.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as an IT Support Analyst:
- You will work on tickets and meet defined service level agreements for the resolution of: incidents, requests, changes, and problems, as well as tasks assigned as part of one of those ticket types.
- You will be responsible for PC/device lifecycle management - replacing outdated end user and infrastructure hardware when needed and planned for. This includes provisioning, asset management, and disposal.
- You will ensure compliance with defined policies and procedures around end user client security and infrastructure, site IT disaster recovery planning, as well as participation in IT projects that require coordination, communication and/or implementation.
- You will provide assistance to remote technical resources who administer network switches, servers and other IT infrastructure.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position.
- Working knowledge of other IT infrastructure – network, servers, storage, phone systems.
- Previous experience with MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office Suites, and PC hardware.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time