Warehouse Supervisor - Third Shift
Eaton’s Fluid Conveyance Division is currently seeking a Warehouse Supervisor- Third Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
The Warehouse Supervisor- Third Shift is responsible for Manage the receiving, storage, selection and shipment of all warehouse items received either from suppliers or production shops so as to ensure the smooth, accurate and efficient handling of material and performance of all activities to achieve on-time shipments to customers. In this role, you will drive a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization. You will lead, develop, and mentor employees; providing feedback on a quarterly basis.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage the daily activities of all employees
- You will maintain adequate metrics to ensure levels of performance are known and improved upon.
- You will ensure that adequate equipment is available and implemented safely so as to adequately and efficiently receive, store, track, retrieve, package and ship to customers in the required timely manner.
- You will implement and enforce all policies, practices, and benefits and employ effective leadership techniques and employee relation’s activities to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all people working at the facility.
- You will identify and implement methods and practices to achieve steady improvement in efficiency, safety, quality and service.
- You will develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers, suppliers, contractors and key intra-company people to effectively manage the operation for best results.
- You will ensure thorough training and daily audits are conducted to monitor that safe practices are constantly employed throughout the facility (this includes maintaining security measures).
- You will regularly communicate and demonstrate the Eaton best practices, ethics, values and philosophy such that these cultural attributes are incorporated throughout the organization.
- You will counsel and discipline employees as necessary.
- You will actively participates in cross-functional company-wide teams to assist in driving quality improvements, process improvements, business system enhancements and process standardization
- You will assists in the creation of training plans and programs, and promotes cross-training opportunities
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
Minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing, distribution or operations management
1+ years of supervisory/managerial experience in a related manufacturing or distribution function.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
Prefer 3+ years Distribution management experience
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
Understanding of human resources skills such as interviewing and hiring, performance management, policies & procedures definition, interpretation and implementation, sound health & safety practices and basic labor laws such as FLSA, EEO, FMLA, ADA.
Ability & willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet customer requirements.
Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of employees in a multi-tasking environment.
Continuous improvement skills (Kaizen)
PC skills required.
Familiarity with a warehouse management system helpful.
Position Success Criteria:
Eaton Lean System
Eaton Business Excellence
Quality Management System / Quality Operating System
Team-oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Phone skills and customer communication skills
Organization and time management skills
Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
Out-of-the box thinking
Value-stream mapping & Six Sigma methodologies
Commercial sensitivity, business acumen and judgment skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico