Area Sales Manager
You will communicate effectively with distributors and customers on new or revised Power Motion Controls (PMC) and Fluid Conveyer (FC) division marketing policies and procedures as well as periodic review of open orders, forecasts, inventory levels and other goals and performance metrics.
You will coordinate and implement, on a shared responsibility basis with Customer Service departments, special warranty agreements/procedures at assigned customers.
You will recommend (to PMC and FC division marketing and pricing department) price proposals/changes, product changes, delivery changes and other miscellaneous programs as needed to meet market/customer needs
You will plan, conduct, and/or coordinate technical sales training sessions on standard and new PMC and FC products and their applications for distributors and customers.
You will accumulate and evaluate data on competitor's products, market penetration, and channel coverage and prepares reports for sales and marketing review.
You will prepare and submit routine call reports, monthly reports, action plan updates, operating plan updates, GAP Analysis, TOP, and other sales oriented documents to the Regional Sales Manager upon request.
You will maintain and update product forecast utilizing distributor and customer input and personal judgment.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years commercial sales or technical experience, or graduate of the Eaton Hydraulics Sales Development Program.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- CFPS/CFPE certification
- PMC and Fluid Power Certified
- Basic technical education and experience in fluid conveyance, power, motion, and controls products is required to apply products in a variety of customer requirements in a wide variety of industries such as machine tool, mining, agriculture, construction, industrial process, alternative energy, material handling, marine and forestry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with CRMs
- Prior experience with distribution, OEMs, and channel markets in a sales capacity
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical fundamentals.
- Ability to display basic knowledge and understanding of the markets and customers.
- Ability to plan and conduct meetings and technical product sessions with distributors, customer sales and service personnel, or customer engineering groups as required.
- Ability to effectively network with internal customers to gain support for customer opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate diverse market and application knowledge to successfully develop value propositions for customers.
- Ability to show market knowledge to assess and analyze current market position and growth opportunities.
- Extensive travel and time away from home and office require continual and effective communications with internal management and customer personnel to maintain sales and to accomplish all specific functions of this position to meet sales goals and objectives.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time