High Performance Work Team Manager
Eaton’s Aerospacial division is currently seeking a High Performance Work Team Manager to join our team.
The High Performance Work Team Manager is overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing, new product introduction and/or production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations. The leader monitors and manages hourly, indirect and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. The position drives safety, quality & continuous improvement in production while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Champion a culture change through the framework of High Performance Work Teams (HPWTs).
- Lead a multifunctional team (from 15 up to 25 Head Count) to achieve High 5 metrics, improve manager effectiveness & employee engagement.
- Drive continuous improvement and application through the use of EBS, BOS, CIF, and HPWTs.
- Lead Tier 1 & Tier 2 meetings to impulse, follow up and support Eaton Tijuana initiatives such as: Near Miss, Coaching Card, JSA, Near Scape, IDEAS, E-Star, Cost-Out, Poke Yokes, LPA, Gembas.
- Achieve key BOS metrics including HIGH 5: TRCR, On-Time Delivery, DPPM, Gross utilization, and Efficiency of the product line.
- Lead by example – be a positive role model
- Actively engage and recognize employees
- Empower employees – drive decision making down through organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required: Computer Skills: Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
Additional Knowledge and Skills Required: Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities
Additional Knowledge and Skills Desired:
Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, process focused
Internal candidates: Eaton Leadership Competency ratings of at least a “3”, with a preference of “4” ratings in BOC and Leadership Style
Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D, PDCA’s, A3)
Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time