Quality Inspector (2nd Shift)
- You will visually and manually inspect manufactured parts per acceptance criteria
- You will dimensionally inspect manufactured parts with CMM or advanced measuring technique per acceptance criteria. Uphold quality integrity and generate non-conformance reports when parts do not meet specification
- You will read/interpret advanced blue prints, assembly drawings, angularity, profile, and various datum’s (Vectors)
- You will use working knowledge of multiple product lines with emerging leadership roles and responsibilities
- You will record/document all receiving, in-process, and final inspection findings as required
- You will have 5S+ involvement which includes but not limited to your working area
- You will work with MFG-PRO to process parts systematically and WISPER for DMR generations
- High School diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum three (3) years work experience, preferably in a machining environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area will be considered for this position.
- Maintain calibration of all duct welding assembly fixtures.
- Minimum of three years quality experience
- Use pre-written programs, calibrate attribute gauges.
- Advance Blue Print reading, GD&T, and CMM training/certification
- Knowledge of scanning & programming from solid models Mitutoyo, MCOSMOS software a plus
- Ability to maintain calibration of all duct welding assembly fixtures
- Safety first focus factory which requires proper PPE where applicable. You must be able to lift a minimum up to 35lbs with in any given day. The job could require standing on your feet anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. Will require focus evaluations from close proximity and frequent use of hand to eye coordination.
- Possible minimal exposure to radiation through the use of a XRF device for scanning material to determine it's metallurgic properties.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No