Materials Planning Manager
Eaton’s EMobility division is currently seeking a Materials Planning Manager to join our team. This position is located in Tijuana, Mexico.
The Materials Planning Manager will lead, plan and manage all materials functions for the eMobiltiy Tijuana Facility, including plant SIOP, Production Panning, parts ordering, inventory control, sales, Master Production Planning, production control and warehouse operation. This position will plan and manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials in an environment of high mix low volume. Also, this leader will oversee Inventory replenishment strategies, ensuring materials availability just in time, in the most cost effective way.
The Plant Materials Planning Manager owns the Internal End to End Supply Chain for Tijuana Operation. Champions the development and deployment of key standard supply chain processes in alignment with the division objectives including but not limited to- Customer On-Time Delivery, SIOP, Master Scheduling, planning, production control, warehousing, Shipping/receiving and procurement.
Perfect candidate for this position would have a strong background in Automotive, Just In Time Materials Planning environment and deep understanding of highly complex (10,000 + part numbers) electronics manufacturing environment to drive total manufacturing lead times reduction and meeting or surpassing customer expectations
• Ensures execution of operational policies and implementation of long and short-term plans to achieve Plant and Materials divisional objectives for procurement of raw materials and finished goods to support delivery performance at 95% or greater. These objectives include the balanced optimization of Revenue, Delivery, Cost and Working Capital (Inventory).
• Lead the all aspects of the Customer scheduling, Logistics and Distribution for Tijuana Plant Operations
• Maintaining relationships with key suppliers including measuring supplier’s performance and driving improvement plans (PPV, quality, delivery, cost, etc.).
• Manage procurement/purchasing strategy to ensure material availability in an environment high mix low volume and responsible for managing supplier on-time delivery performance.
• Working with sales, marketing and new product development operations to improve forecasting communication to our supply base through a robust Plant SIOP planning cycle.
• Managing and leading a team of Planners, Buyers and Warehouse associates in Tijuana to achieve financial, operational, and organizational excellence goals.
• Lead daily operations to ensure customer satisfaction and plant supply requirements are achieved
• Provides direction on ERP order management system accuracy and enhancements required to provide customer’s solution.
• Leads all aspects of Tijuana Logistics management align to Corporate’s strategic objectives via route optimization, sourcing, and product flow design to continuously improve cost management
• Establish and execute plant supplier performance management program that supports the Divisions goals and objectives.
• Ensures key performance metrics, including inventory days on hand, customer delivery performance, supplier performance, and freight spend are defined and achieved.
• Builds organizational capability through developing effective teams, attracting top talent and building functional competencies.
• Ensures for overall data integrity of ERP system to maintain strong ERP health performance.
• Establish and provide communication channels with the appropriate Product Managers to understand stock requirements and expectations of key customer groups in order to achieve customer OTD (On Time Delivery) requirements through the appropriate levels of stock and raw materials.
• Develop and implement optimized planning process, MPS, Capacity Planning and support supplier OTD and lead-time improvement activities to achieve a lean and agile supply chain.
• Lead the achievement and maintenance of the specified plant inventory and E&O targets through the use of appropriate inventory optimization tools.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in vehicle-electronic manufacturing industry.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with SAP.
• 7-10 years of experience in Materials Management.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with global customers.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or similar
• Strong experience driving cost out and vendor consolidation projects
• Experience on Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Kaizen Leadership
• Experience leading annual physical inventory and warehouse strategies
• APICS CPIM Certification
• Understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management.
• Expertise in driving process improvement initiatives.
• Ability to lead cross functional teams in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly diverse and matrixed environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work efficiently in high demand, make to order, high mix low volume environment
• Demonstrated ability to build teams, develop people, hold people accountable, leverage direct and indirect resources, and build relationships with key partners
• Strong analytical and cognitive skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time