Environmental Health Safety Manager
- Manage and direct site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Work together with the EHS Site and Site Staff in the Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- BS in Engineering ( Environmental , health and safety or related field)
- Minimum of 7 years of EHS experience in similar position.
- Demonstrated success in leading, planning, development, and implementation of EHS management systems and compliance programs.
- Experience with Mexico OSHA Regulations, and Mexico Environmental regulations (or equivalent) administration and Return to Work programs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels in an organization, while establishing and maintaining a strong EHS presence.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Manufacturing Environment Experience
- Project Management and Presentation Skills
- Leader Auditor ISO14001 EMS Certification
- Leader Auditor ISO45001 OHSMS Certification
- MS in Engineering ( Environmental , health and safety or related field)
- Able to plan and organize
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Achievement oriented
- Strategic and decisive
- BOC (Build of Capability)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time