Human Resources Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Human Resources Manager for its Crouse-Hinds Division. The Human Resources Manager position will be located at its Syracuse, NY facility.
The primary function for this position is to be a high performing business partner supporting EP Crouse-Hinds Syracuse site. Responsibilities include the ability to develop, direct, coordinate and maintain all policies and procedures of the Human Resources Department in accordance with legal, Divisional and Corporate guidelines. This role will be responsible for the development and deployment of HR initiatives, programs, processes, and best practices throughout the production facility. The incumbent will be accountable for managing day-to-day personnel activities in accordance with legal, divisional, and corporate guidelines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will lead 420 (360 hourly and 60 salaried) employees through Managers of People and Front Line Leaders spread across a 904,000 square foot facility.
- You will be responsible for managing labor relations with IBEW Local 2084 including facilitating proper adherence to the collective bargaining agreement and partnering with union leadership.
- You will be the lead contact and driver for Collective Bargaining Agreement Negotiations during contract years.
- You will participate in driving the Eaton Business System philosophy to ensure standard, high quality processes.
- You will be responsible for mentoring and developing HR Leadership Development Program Participant and indirectly lead EHS Nurse.
- You will lead in a variety of capacities including but not limited to: MESH Category champion, Employee Engagement Team Lead, Ergonomics Team co-lead, and a variety of others.
- You will implement, promote and maintain a safe work environment by implementing a zero incident culture.
- You will facilitate the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- You will counsel and influence leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements.
- You will develop and deploy effective training process to meet the current and future needs of the strategic plans of the organization.
- You will establish diversity initiatives and maintain governmental compliance through EEO practices.
- You will utilize available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote Eaton leadership behaviors and results.
- You will direct and coordinate the recruitment, selection, and promotion process of applicants to meet staffing requirements.
- You will promote the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality.
- You will motivate and coach employees and managers to maintain high levels of engagement, manager effectiveness, productivity, and quality.
- You will liaise with Corporate HR Services to provide workforce with greater HR programs accessibility.
- You will assure appropriate working climate by maintaining proper discipline, morale and employee relations. You will advise, guide, and counsel employees in relation to company benefits, plant policy and regulations, employee programs, wage administration and plant objectives.
- You will drive site to higher levels of engagement as an identified Engagement focus site.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years HR experience in some of the following areas: Staffing, compensation, employee relations, reward and recognition, and organizational development
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources from an accredited institution
- Previous experience working in a Human Resources Analyst capacity in a corporate environment
- Broad range of knowledge of and experience in labor and employment laws affecting human resources management including OSHA, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, EO11246, Civil Rights Act, FMLA, Workers Compensation, and other related laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of employment/labor laws and union tactics.
- Strong coaching, facilitation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capability.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas/thoughts to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Strong experience in recruiting and selection activities for all levels of employment.
- Demonstrates professionalism with all levels of employees and senior leaders
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time