Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division within our Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Procurement Manager to join our team.
This position will lead a team in Euclid, OH and Grand Rapids, MI.
The primary function of the Procurement Manager is to lead all aspects of the delivery of materials to support plant goals. This position directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in the purchasing/buyer functions to maintain optimal balance between demand /supply and working capital to help ensure operations run efficiently, meet customer delivery schedules and maximize profitability. This role will build organizational capability through teaching, coaching, mentoring and leadership.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage the release of purchase orders, change notices, and expedites of delivery of materials.
- You will drive savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
- You will oversee cost-out actions of purchased materials.
- You will negotiate stocking agreements with suppliers, issue blanket POs (VMIC)
- You will establish, manage and execute inventory strategy (MRP, KanBan, ROP, VMI Consignment)
- You will control In Direct expenses and MRO procurement.
- You will be responsible for minimizing purchase price variance.
- You will support the implementation of new products and processes using the PROLaunch process.
- You will work with Supply Chain team to develop systems to ensure on time delivery to our customer and plant and supplier stocking levels support and exceed company sales and inventory goals.
- You will provide data and analysis on vendor performance and works with team to improve lead time, quality, and price from supply base.
- You will plan, coordinate and direct through subordinate personnel, the purchasing functions such as buying, value analysis, supplier management, and expediting. Administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- You will design, implement, manage, and monitor purchasing using ERP system to meet company requirements, works with production management to ensure materials are on site on time per customer request.
- You will lead, coach and develop the plant buyers as well as the buyers that support the plant in the shared service centers in Tijuana, MX and Pune, India.
- You will work with cross functional teams to ensure collaborative and system wide approach to problem solving and quality planning methods.
- You will prepare weekly and monthly reports for customer on time delivery, inventory accuracy, and inventory dollars and turns. Provides finance and management with predicted month end cost.
- You will drive root cause of performance failures and puts sustained, corrective action in place to avoid future misses, creates opportunities for continuous improvement.
- You will participate in development of plant strategic plans and align departmental goals.
- You will establish and maintain procedures for department.
- You will ensure site adheres to Supply Chain Policies and Corporate procedures and programs.
- You will provide guidance and development to the team
- You will visibly and actively supports other functional plant initiatives including safety, wellness, engagement, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified in a business related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Procurement Management within a manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH or Grand Rapids, MI facility will be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management.
- MBA preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Supplier Negotiation skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point).
- APICS certification a plus.
Position Success Criteria:
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations and shipping/receiving
- Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems
- Demonstrated success in driving results through others
- Demonstrated skills in team development and competency excellence
- Experience in driving aligned actions through groups that don’t directly report to them.
- Self-motivated with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent prioritization skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of staff.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time