Material Handler (1st Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility
The Material Handler will be responsible for the ownership of material distribution, sorting, organizing, and allocation in the production area. The incumbent will need to take initiative to move needed material to the production lines based on production plan and material requests and ready material for assembler use as to not disrupt the flow of the production lines
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will use a RF scan gun to move and allocate material
- You will take Kit parts and components; distribute to production lines with accuracy and maintain integrity of configured kits.
- You will assist and enhance continuous improvement efforts
- You will maintain adequate inventory levels to meet the orders from our customers through daily monitoring of inventory; also perform cycle counts and maintain inventory system as required
- You will load and unload trucks and inspect material for damage
- You will assist with on-the-job training
- You will report irregularities or equipment malfunctions
- You will assist team in achieving plant and department goals
- You will adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions
- You will drive and maintain forklifts through daily inspection checklists and perform housekeeping duties as necessary
- You will use the principles of 5S+ to ensure a clean and organized work area
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork
- You will perform other duties and working overtime as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 1 year of material handling experience OR forklift experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates the reside within 60 miles of the Raleigh, NC facility will be considered.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and be able to stand/bend frequently.
- Ability to use good judgment when handling material with a safety focus
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience using SAP
- Knowledge of methods used for material transactions (e.g. Requisition Forms)
- Basic understanding of SharePoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No