- You will develop product drawings and models. Manage the models using SAP PLM and perform FEA analysis on those models.
- You will design custom products with standard requirements to meet customer specifications and industry standards.
- You will review and interpret design specifications to establish customer requirements.
- You will process design order information, collaborating with Marketing and Sales as needed, to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- You will supply all information to create material masters, bill of materials, and characteristic data in SAP. Also responsible to create customer drawings and nameplates and maintain all product documentation updates.
- You will generate manufacturing information correctly and in the time that is expected (On Time Design (OTD)) and design errors are key metrics to track performance
- You will understand the various components that are needed in the Product design. Continuously expand knowledge of the products.
- You will provide technical support to manufacturing regarding problems relating to custom designs, specification and functional performance.
- You will complete design and information requests for Manufacturing, Marketing, and Sales according to the procedures established by the business
- You will perform other related activities and special projects as assigned. Provides support to other members of the team as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 months of design experience (includes internships or co-ops)
- No relocation is being offered for this role. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Waukesha, WI will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD tools with electrical or mechanical systems. Knowledge of standard industry drafting/modeling practices
- Inventor, AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Familiarity with FEA, modeling, detailing and layout drafting techniques is desired
- Experience with custom engineering design and processes is desired
- Experience in creating, loading, and storing engineering designs within an ERP system, preferably SAP, is desired
- Knowledge of power systems, distribution/power transformer products/applications, and/or industrial automation/controls is desired
- Ability to excel as a team player by successfully collaborating with engineering peers as well as cross-functional personnel to ensure custom designs meet customer expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time