Territory Sales Representative
Eaton’s ESSG CA division is currently seeking a Territory Sales Representative to join our team. This position is based in either Montreal, QC or Quebec City, QC.
The primary function of the Territory Sales Representative is to sell Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) and other Power Quality products and services to customers in Quebec. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales representative for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, end-users, contractors and consultants.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will provide sales and technical assistance for distributors, contractors, end users and consultant personnel.
• You will input accurate information for order entry, while elevating quality issues to attention of management.
• You will support distributor inventories and inventory turns by recommending specific products and levels to be stocked and provide necessary reports and surveys requested in a timely manner.
• You will engage in regular communication with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution.
• You will collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits.
• You will review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications, as well as technical support.
• You will provide timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution.
• You will provide full awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions.
• You will plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals.
• You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• College diploma or University degree in Engineering, Business, or technical-related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of combined experience in sales, marketing and/or customer support.
• Previous experience and knowledge/understanding of either the electrical and/or data center.
• Fluent in both French and English.
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
• Please note that relocation is not included with this position - only candidates within the immediate geographic area (currently residing within 80 km from Montreal or Quebec City) will be considered.
Professional Engineer or Certified Technologist.
Position Success Criteria :
• Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Knowledge of key customers within sales territory.
• Time management, presentation, and planning skills.
• Commands technical knowledge of Eaton Power Quality UPS products and service capabilities & can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight.
• Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships.
• Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors.
• Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time