Lead Electronics Engineer
Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices division is currently seeking a Lead Electronics Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
The Lead Electronics Engineer will perform electronic circuit design, both analog and digital for produce related to our Residential Wiring Devices Division.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead firmware and software developments for embedded systems/micro-controllers
- You will support software development for multiple platforms, including Windows, OS X, Linux, embedded and web applications with a strong emphasis on the Internet of Things.
- You will stay abreast of market trends and emerging technologies globally, with a particular emphasis on embedded and connected systems, and evaluate their potential impact on Eaton business
- You will research and develop business case(s) in new product development cycle to understand viability of proposed products in the marketplace
- You will drive enhancement of existing products and services based on evaluations of existing and new technologies per Eaton’s strategic plans
- You will represent Eaton’s interests on councils and committees tasked with developing codes and standards for emerging technologies in which Eaton is investing.
- You will perform technical evaluations of third party solutions and assess opportunities to develop partnerships or and new suppliers
- You will lead domestic and international project teams assigned to research, design, develop, test and/or launch new innovations; ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- You will lead product certification activities acting as the Eaton representative- UL/CSA/
- You will act as a technical advisor to product line managers and/or manufacturing engineers throughout the ProLaunch process
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 or more years’ experience in electrical/electronic engineering design positions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50-mile radius of the Moon Township, PA Facility.
- Master’s degree in Electronic or Electromechanical Engineering, computer science o similar careers.
- Minimum experience of 5 – 7 years in similar positions.
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with PADS, Altium and CAD tools
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Coordinate project activities with other engineering units to facilitate on time project completion.
- Act as an advisor and mentor to other engineering talents to help development of new talent within Eaton
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time