Team Lead, Enterprise Software & IoT
Eaton Corporation’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS) has an opening for a Team Lead- Enterprise & IoT who is passionate about his or her craft. This position will be located in Moon Township PA.
The Enterprise & IoT Team Lead will be directly involved in facilitating the architecture, design, and development of an Internet of Things platform. Although Eaton is an established company with a diverse product portfolio, this IoT platform project exhibits many of the characteristics of a start-up initiative. This IoT platform, being developed from the ground-up, is being utilized by Eaton product teams (including the CCIS) as a framework on which to build and extend customer facing applications and solutions.
So, if you’re an experienced software leader yearning to facilitate a project leveraging the latest software technologies and trends such as IoT, NoSQL, big data, open source, DevOps, microservices, mobile, and cybersecurity, this is the position for you! Not only will you be working with some amazing technology, you’ll also be part of an enthusiastic team of software professionals working to make an immediate organizational impact and having lots of fun along the way!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work with your team and others contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of an Internet of Things platform. You will be leading projects where the development will be primarily in Azure, Scala/Java, C#, and Python.
- Facilitate the day-to-day software operation
- Lead a team of architects, developers, and testers to deliver high-quality, highly-performant, unit-tested code.
- Give feedback to developers and testers on their work.
- Conduct one-on-ones with developers and testers.
- Demonstrate, present, and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- Provide work estimates and participate in design, implementation, and code reviews.
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery.
- Maintain job knowledge by studying software development techniques and programming languages. Participate in educational opportunities and read professional publications.
- Work with test teams to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs; facilitate and manage the quality process.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve end-user problems.
- Coordinate work across various teams in a complex environment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering from an accredited school
- 8 years of progressive experience in developing, designing, and deploying technology solutions
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- 8+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
- Expert level skills in Java and/or C# and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
- Extensive experience utilizing best practices in software engineering
- Expert knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and their associated development platforms
- Experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Solid understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns
- Solid understanding of network and distributed computing concepts
- Working knowledge of one other programming language (Java, C#, C++, Python, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain and present technical concepts
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms such as Azure, AWS, or BlueMix
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time