Sr Cost Accountant
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Sr Cost Accountant to join our team. This position is based at our Tijuana facility.
The Sr Cost Accountant is responsible for support the Cost Accounting Department in Tijuana, Mexico. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, product Costing, variances Analysis, Key measurement and reporting and adherence with other Eaton accounting and financial reporting requirements such as SEC/GAAP reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.; Review requirements of customer new business proposals, analyze and report cost drivers, Work in cross functional teams with engineering and SCM, including but not limited to, new development activities / cost estimation / budget variances. Position is a key business partner that provides a direct link between the business unit activities in Tijuana and the management team. The position drives continuous improvement in finance while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Participates as a leading member of the Tijuana Finance Team in driving standardized processes and processes. Recommends improvements and service level growth to the Finance Mgr./Plant Controller
- Responsible for Cost accounting in all product line assuring accurate and timely financial data is available monthly for review. Also provides timely divisional/plant financial reporting, while ensuring compliance with Tax and Group accounting policies
- Prepares cost estimations for all new product line business proposals, capital investments, and potential new product development endeavors
- Supports preparation of strategic plans, annual profit plans and monthly rolling forecast
- Assists Engineering, Plant Manager, and Tijuana Finance leadership in the identification of financial risks and developing mitigation plans.
- Supports annual certification for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and IA. Continuous improvement of controls and processes
- Confirms financial basis with Finance Manager for allocation processes.
- Effectively manages due dates and organizes resources to comply with due dates and timely reporting
- Develops and implements financial management processes on product lines to assure control – benchmark and incorporate best practices across Aerospace
- Drives continuous improvement and cost out activities
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business
3 to 5years of experience in Cost Accounting management in a manufacturing environment
Strong communication skills
Knowledge and understanding of corporate, division, and plant reporting policies and key measurements
Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
Strong technical expertise (US GAAP/IAS) in accounting and finance, specifically in application to commercial/government development and production contracts
Experience in product line and program accounting
Proven success in leading teams and managing multiple projects
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills – ability to establish and work cross functional relationships
Proven leadership and possession of problem solving and analytical skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time