Eaton is seeking a Procurement Manager for its Electrical Systems and Services group in the Commercial Distribution Products and Assemblies Division. The Procurement Manager will be located in Charlotte, NC and has overall responsibility for the CDPA procurement process & related metrics for purchased material and services.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. This is a unique opportunity to design & optimize the CDPA procurement organization, processes, and supply base across 6 manufacturing sites and 15 regional manufacturing satellites with over $1B of sales.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
The Procurement Manager will lead and drive the deployment of SCM strategic initiatives & processes to manage the procurement of materials and services across the business, in a way that maximizes and achieves customer satisfaction, operational performance and financial goals. This will be accomplished using standard processes and tools that are prescribed in OpA, MMA EBS, and Eaton supply chain policies. The Procurement Manager will drive root cause and continuous improvement activities as part of daily process, raise the level of sourcing excellence, and facilitate the functional team’s organizational development.
- You will manage and oversee the procurement of all goods, supplies, and services to support the growth and business goals of the division.
- You will maintain continuous knowledge of company sales & market trends to anticipate and proactively ensure supplier and procurement team readiness to support demand.
- You will lead the supply chain business continuity planning as it relates to the supply base, ensuring strong planning and contingencies to consistently meet on-time performance goals without supply interruptions.
- You will work with Corporate Category Management teams to leverage and support Eaton sourcing initiatives and growth of strategic suppliers.
- You will manage the design, implementation, and execution of robust sourcing processes and strategies, leveraging Eaton tools and processes to ensure Eaton achieves the most favorable prices, quality, lead time, and on-time performance.
- You will manage and coordinate quality audit programs for new and existing suppliers
- You will lead sourcing responsibilities, including supplier selection, supplier management, negotiation, days payable, and resourcing initiatives.
- You will identify and manage cross-plant sourcing projects for new product development and resourcing projects using Eaton sourcing tools, optimizing the supply base and sourcing strategies for the dynamic manufacturing footprint.
- You will ensure material availability to support business OTD goals, expanding supplier forecasting & capacity planning leveraging Eaton electronic tools.
- You will plan, recommend, justify, and manage annual operating budgets and financial targets in accordance with known operational needs, strategies, and objectives.
- You will plan and manage training, instruction, and guidance to all functional sourcing employees to ensure robust onboarding and employee development.
- You will use the continuous improvement framework, lean concepts, and problem solving tools to design and improve the performance of the extended supply chain function, including supplier performance, materials management, and logistics.
- You will lead the material cost out program for the division, ensuring strong processes, pipeline, and project execution for consistent achievements of financial results.
- You will identify & lead cost out deck building events with suppliers and Eaton teams to reduce material, labor, inventory, and logistics costs while improving product availability & supply chain flexibility.
- You will lead global trade management & economics driven initiatives, including optimizing the supply base to reduce duties, tariffs, and achieve financial targets.
- You will maintain knowledge of global economics and commodities to optimize sourcing plans to achieve Eaton’s financial targets.
- You will drive continuous improvement of working capital and achievement of targets for inventory and supplier payment terms.
- You will ensure continuous performance on supplier on-time payments, invoicing, and financial reconciliation processes.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 5 years supply chain management or procurement experience is required
- Experience with manufacturing facilities is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
- APICS CPIM or related supply chain professional certifications
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and Supply Chain Management personnel.
- Strong ERP system skills
- Whole-to-part thinking
- Demonstrated experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of results through cross-functional business initiatives and commodity strategies.
- Managerial and collaborative skills are necessary to achieve and meet SCM and customer requirements and to gain the support needed to move projects and initiatives forward.
- Strong analytical problem solving abilities are necessary to understand operational inefficiencies and separate/resolve legitimate supplier performance issues.
- Sound knowledge of lean theory, deployment and metrics are essential.
- Sound knowledge of global service / material modes, capabilities and practices are essential.
- Strong financial knowledge and business understanding to drive supply chain objectives in support of business goals.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time