Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Administration Center of Excellence (ADMCOE) team where you will lead large enterprise/regional transformational projects that impact Eaton’s corporate functions. No relocation is being offered for this position. This role will be based at our Eaton Center facility in Beachwood, OH.
The Senior Project Manager will plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met. The Senior PM will partner with Resource Managers to staff projects and clearly articulate project team roles – both functional and technical. Responsible for developing and managing detailed project plans (with clear critical path) and budgets. The Senior PM will manage the scope/requirements and ensure all agreed to deliverables are met while mitigating risks through robust plans. Responsible for organizational communication, training, adoption and change management. Vendor management is essential.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will provide project
leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and
documentation guidelines for project deliver
- You will define and communicate roles and responsibilities for project
team members – functional and technical
- You will develop project plans
including detailing work breakdown structures and critical path
- You will work with customers and technical resources to develop project
schedule and detailed cost breakdown
- You will perform risk management planning, risk identification and
- You will ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- You will monitor and report on schedule and budget variances
- You will ensure quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to
- You will develop communication strategies and leading communications
with senior executives (VP, Directors and Officers) mid-level or first line leaders, and key stakeholders
- You will manage
third party suppliers
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years of Project Management experience
- No relocation is being offered for this role. Candidate must work within 50 miles of our Beachwood, OH facility.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree
- PMP certificate
- Successfully led major enterprise system implementations,
preferably in large, multi-national organizations
- Working knowledge with finance or HR technologies including
Oracle, SAP, or Kronos Workforce Central.
Experience implementing Time & Labor applications is
Level of Risk & Ambiguity
- Scope can be moderate to significantly ambiguous
(significant capability or breakthrough technology and/or business processes
that the operating group or function have not done before).
- May manage multiple Major Repeaters
- May be an Alien/Stranger
- May require significant investment capital/expense and
- May have enterprise-wide or overall Sector impact
Level of Analysis & Business Acumen
- Advanced understanding of the overall business or
function funding the initiative(s)
- May be a SME in one or more areas including finance, HR,
payroll, legal, M&A, or time & labor
- Advanced understanding of organizational structure
(business and IT)
- Intermediate understanding of the business Strat Plan
- Intermediate to an Advanced understanding of some of the
business processes at Eaton or a prior Company
Level of Systems and IT Knowledge
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of some of Eaton
- May be a SME in one or more technologies
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of integration and
impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
- Is able to understand the integration and interdepencies
- Basic to Intermediate technical knowledge and solid
understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application
programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time