Eaton’s vehicle group is looking for a Documentation Specialist. The position is located at the Hastings, NE Facility.
This position is responsible for overseeing the documentation process to ensure compliance; to include, updating, issuance, tracking, and filing of requirements across the Plant. This position is based out of the Hastings, Nebraska facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will partner with EHS, Quality, Manufacturing, Human Resources and other represented departments on their respective requirements to ensure compliance.
- You will ensure Job Aids are accurate and up-to-date. Collaborate with Engineering and Quality departments to make changes as needed.
- Support execution on key Quality initiatives, (i.e., LPA’s, PPAP, Quality Alerts, etc.)
- You will support execution on key EHS initiatives, (i.e., MESH, ERT, Safestart, etc.)
- You will ensure training records are completed and maintained per the established training process, including coordinating paper records and maintaining a database on training progression and skills matrices.
- You will escalate gaps in training either by Trainee or Trainer to the applicable leader
- You will assist with auditing and updating process documents (specs, standard work, control plans, JSAs, etc)
- You may be required lifting up to 35 pounds
- You will adhere to all safety procedures, company policies, and attendance guidelines
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 year office experience required
- Prior work utilizing MS Office applications required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Hastings, NE to be considered for this position
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years office experience
- Prior manufacturing, Quality, or Safety work experience
- Prior training experience
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and/or experience as a technical trainer or on-the-job trainer is helpful
- Demonstrated Strong Interpersonal skills
- Professional presence and leadership aptitude preferred
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Word processing, data base and spreadsheet computer skills preferred.
- Must be willing to participate in personal development and training.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No