Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Olean, NY facility. Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will provide engineering and technical expertise for Maintenance of Line (MOL) supporting operations & manufacturing in Product Line P47 (Switchgear). Aforementioned support will include project responsibilities with, at most, daily coordination with cross functional staff and Operators. This position involves interfacing and collaborating with local engineering staff on mutual engineering projects, cost-out activities, efficiencies, etc. Responsibility to help set-up & maintain capabilities (layout, equipment, etc.).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Support operations (products, processes, materials, etc.). Provide input on project budgets for implementing equipment for new products or revisions to existing products.
- Help identify external trends for relevant projects (interaction with vendors and suppliers) and develop understanding of product application, new product opportunities, and market strategy. Identify and/or define performance requirements for product designs including documentation, analysis, testing, and interpretation of data for new and/or modified products or product components.
- Prepare/review documents including cost estimates, appropriation requests, project schedules, design and process documentation, and technical reports for the new product development.
- Generate compile, summarize and report data, observations, conclusions and recommendations for evaluations. Perform failure analysis, investigate and troubleshoot issues, coordinate all work within the scope and ensures projects objectives are met with limited supervision. Perform standard and non-standard testing sequences from setup to completion with limited assistance.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of EQMS (Eaton Quality Management System) related program.
- Assist in activities related to the development of complex and multi-disciplined engineering projects, responsible for completing tasks &/or activities in an optimum manner and within budget.
- Contribute to ZISC (Zero Incident Safety Culture) by following safety practices and policies, identifying and minimizing hazards, and promoting a culture of safety.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Stage Gate Processes (Six Sigma, DMAIC).
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- CAD experience, preferred.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Drive and champion innovation (products, processes, materials, etc.).
- Team oriented collaborator.
- Proactive and self-driven.
- Develop technical leadership.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and testing methodologies.
- Good oral, interpersonal and written skills with the ability to effectively communicate.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple support requests simultaneously.
- Works to deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Computer knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to analyze and solve routine problems.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary groups.
- Ability to work with multicultural teams.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time