Area VP Sales, Canada
Eaton Corporation’s Electrical Sector (B-Line Division) is seeking an Area VP Sales, Canada to join our team. This role is based in our Mississauga, Ontario or Calgary, Alberta office.
Reporting to our VP Sales, this position is responsible for the attainment of overall sales objectives in the Canadian marketplace. In-depth industry and product knowledge are required, as well as the ability to direct the overall sales efforts and rapid growth of the Electrical, Mechanical & Comm/Data products within the B-Line business. The Area VP Sales will successfully achieve sales targets while maintaining quality standards and controlling expenses. Key attributes of the ideal candidate include an individual who is motivated, hardworking and has prior sales leadership experience with a track record of success. This individual will be an effective communicator who can provide reliable forecasting and clear reporting, ability to manage project plans, schedules and resources to meet milestones and objectives while remaining within established budgets.
This role will also be responsible for the Canadian Customer Service and Planning functions, ensuring the team responds to inquiries or problems on all orders, and is driving the overall B-Line sales and service strategy.
- Provide project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
- Develop and implement short, medium and long-term strategic and tactical plans that support the corporate growth plan
- Overall responsibility for leading and directing a team of sales professionals, customer support professionals, and planning professionals
- Develop the agent strategy for the assigned region that incorporates an agent review process
- Establish and drive a conversion pipeline
- Provide leadership to the sales reps and the distributor channel
- Provide training to the sales reps and the distributor channel
- Support Product Development to identify and implement new opportunities
- Overall fiscal and budgetary responsibility for regional sales teams
- Drive and implement performance tracking tools
- Maintain a commitment to the company’s sales processes, values and business code of ethics
- Minimum of eight years of proven industry experience in a high-level sales capacity in the Electrical industry
- Minimum of 3 years managing a sales team
- Demonstrated history of consistent sales growth on a national scale in a small to medium-sized technology company or business unit of a larger company
- Ability to write and execute strategic sales plans and effective sales proposals
- Ability to manage and develop a team
- Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to utilize creative skills effectively
- Superior organizational skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, inclusive of customer and management presentations.
- Prefer experience in a rapid-growth company or business unit
- Travel for this role will be about 50%
- 5+ years of direct sales leadership in the electrical or industrial marketplace
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a sales incentive plan and complete benefits
This role is based in our Mississauga, Ontario or Calgary, Alberta office
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time