Lead Business Analyst - Operations
Eaton’s Hydraulic Division is currently seeking a Lead Business Analyst - Operations to join our team. This position is based at our Hydraulic Headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Lead Business Analyst is responsible for provide and continuously improve reporting, analysis, and forecasting to drive sales and profitability and make analytics create tangible value in our day-to-day business. As a strong business partner to sales, marketing, operations, sales, pricing, this individual must understand the key performance indicators on profit and loss, revenue, market, and operational costs. Additionally, knowledge of common use cases in these domains are important, including interpreting data and making recommendations based upon the research findings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will analyze and evaluate sales, market & product data, and operational activities. Ensure the required information is presented in a format that enables management to make informed decisions and assessments of the business performance. Evaluate results and recommend actions to close gaps.
- You will leverage market, competitive, and sales data to develop business case and project management of short and long-term improvement plan
- You will provide timely and accurate monthly reporting packages including in-depth analysis and recommendations to accelerate short and long-term sales growth.
- You will attend industry events, customer supplier calls, and other intelligence methods to obtain insights. Use these insights to inform analysis.
- You will leverage Product, Sales, and Marketing management information to recommend changes/eliminations.
- You will identify positive and negative trends and drive countermeasure actions with the sales and marketing teams
- You will perform ad hoc analysis & recommendations as requested by leadership and provide project management expertise as needed.
- You will consolidate market information on periodic basis and report when needed. Regularly track key developments in focus segments, customers, competitors, economy etc. on day to day basis
- You will lead projects with analytics by articulating a problem statement, identifying and collecting data, applying a modeling technique, leveraging the model to influence decision making, and capturing the value from better decisions.
- You will define which business problem and use cases to focus on and identify the data that are the most valuable to achieve desired outcome
- You will integrate the analytics model and data results into their ongoing processes.
- You will collaborate with different groups—business intelligence, data science, IT, and sales, for example—to determine data availability and use
- You will bridge the technical expertise of data engineers and data scientists with the operational expertise of marketing, supply chain, manufacturing, and other areas to help ensure that the deep insights generated through sophisticated analytics translate into impact at scale in an organization.
- You will convey business goals to the data professionals who will create the models and solutions.
- You will ensure that the solution produces insights that the business can interpret and execute on, and, ultimately, communicates the benefits of these insights to business users to drive adoption.
- You will know what types of analytical models are available (e.g., logistic regression) and to what business problems they can be applied and be able to interpret model results
- You will direct an analytics initiative from ideation through production and adoption and understand the life cycle of an analytics initiative and the common pitfalls.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering discipline for an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Business, Analytics, Marketing or Engineering in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Relocation is not approved for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50-mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered.
- Experience in a Supply Chain or Production environment.
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- Fluency in analytics: wrangling large data sets, understanding the ins and outs of various algorithms and models, managing “quant” colleagues such as data scientists and developers, and knowing how to turn data insights into concrete measurable actions.
- Strong acumen in quantitative analytics and structured problem solving.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time