If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Engineer - Data Management in Eaton’s Electrical business, based in Pondicherry, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s Electrical business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Plans and organizes the assimilation of information to the company ERP system, with particular emphasis to part information, Bill of Materials and Routings to ensure 100% data accuracy
- Manages the Engineering Change Note system
- Maintains static data that falls within the remit of the Data management by monitoring and reporting on the accuracy of that information.
- Liaises with NPD, Process Improvement, Manufacturing Engineers and Business Units to ensure that appropriate levels of information are referenced through the routings including standard shop practices, work instructions and tooling reference
- Generates and validates the costs in the ERP system
- Maintains routes and standard times on the ERP system, to reflect current manufacturing processes
- Support Global supply chain teams by providing various master data validation and checks to ensure global compliance across all locations
- Maintains accuracy of SSP’s, purchase specifications and work instructions and ensure they reflect current practices employed by the business and on the ERP system, ensuring that internal and external customers / suppliers have visibility
- Supporting the product transfers from one location to another location by setting up Part, BOM & Routings on ERP system.
- Assisting with DTP software for production in day-today activities
- Assists in the distribution of controlled copies of information controlled by the Data Management team. Ensure that controlled copies of said data are maintained by their owners to reflect current status of documents
If you are:
- BE/B.Tech Electrical /Mechanical
- 2 - 3 years - Proven and solid experience working in the following ERP system: both SAP and Oracle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in Managing Engineering Change Management system
- Strong data analytic skillset
- Good interpersonal skills and planning ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly ethical and able to work in cross functional team
- MS Excel, SAP & Oracle
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time