Eaton’s Marina Power & Energy division is currently seeking a Welder to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Williamsburg, VA facility.
The Welder will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of all equipment, fabrication and welding of all jobs assigned using a combination of MIG, TIG and spot welding processes. The primary medium will be stainless steel enclosures and all supporting parts needed to fabricate the assemblies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will read and understand blueprints, quality standards, and engineering specifications.
- You will use basic measuring tools (tape measures, calipers, etc.).
- You will be expected to correctly assemble and weld product based on blueprints and job data sheet information.
- You will work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s requisitions and oral or written instructions.
- You will ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of quality verification checklist.
- You will be expected to comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- You will keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- You will be involved in performing Lean Initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of Mig or Tig welding experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Williamsburg, VA will be considered
- 1 year related experience in a steel fabrication environment
- 3-5 years’ experience with welding stainless steel
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures in a manufacturing facility
- The employee is regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to read and understand wiring schematics and drawings
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Team player and able to collaborate with others to effectively complete work assignments per customer orders
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No