Lead Contracts Manager
Eaton is hiring a Contract Manager in Camarillo or Torrance, California. This
role will manage contracts for our Interpower and Connect (IPC) business unit
(Torrance CA, Camarillo CA, Nogales MX and Chelsea MA sites) which are a
combined $80M of annual revenue. This role is responsible for
- Drafts and negotiates various contractual agreements within delegated approval and corporate governance structure for IPC business unit
- Proactively manages existing agreements and enforce contract terms for IPC business unit
- Performs/supports independent analysis of business/contract issues to support decision making.
- Performs contract functions of complex systems, subsystems, and components that may impact plants within IPC business unit
- Adopts process improvements within the contract’s organization, understands and recommends changes to procedures to improve management of risks and liabilities for IPC business unit
- Facilitates internal review of agreements and supports the commercial execution of contracts.
- Interfaces with and maintain positive customer interactions with customers, proactively ensuring contractual compliance and performance for IPC contracts
- Ensures compliance with all Contract function, Aerospace, Division, and business unit processes and procedures for IPC
- Ensures compliance with UCC, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition, export and local law as applicable.
- Assures timely purchase order review and evaluate and resolve potential conflict.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide leadership and guidance as requested to the IPC and Sensing Contracts Manager, on contract subject matters.
- You will participate in governance reviews, review customer proposals for new business, including pricing, SOW verification, Specification/SOW review and verification, terms and conditions negotiations, quality requirements and supply chain requirements.
- You will support review of projects status as part of the governance review of programs.
- You will conduct/lead negotiations of agreements & contracts within delegated authority.
- You will support/lead and manage contract change management process (critical subset of Contract Mgmt/Enforcement above).
- You will manage and mitigate actual/potential customer claims and disputes.
- You will support multi-site / division requests for negotiation of contracts & agreements.
- You will facilitate initial customer order/contract review to ensure the contract reflects Eaton commitments to the customer, and covers subject matter as proposed and negotiated.
- You will maintain custody of all contractual documents to protect the company legally and maintain ISO9000 and AS9100 requirements.
- You will be a business partner with Sales, and Program Management in new opportunities, executed and managing contracts.
- You will proactively manage contractual and commercial risk at all times, identify and manage financial risk to the business.
- You will provide continuous improvement and best practice support within the team and to wider functions as directed.
- You will actively maintain high level of knowledge of local country law, FAR/DFARs, UCC and related regulatory and industry contract related matters.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of professional working experience
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles or Camarillo, CA or Torrance, CA to be considered,
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum, or Refugee.
- Degree qualified in Law preferred, or Business with law and with graduate degree or IACCM certification
- 5+ years of contract experience
- 5+ years Contacts experience of complex systems with good knowledge of applicable law and contract terms
- Commercial acumen and financial awareness
- Business governance skills
- Knowledge of Export Compliance
- Knowledge of the FAR and DFAR
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Customer focused (balanced with good business acumen)
- Demonstrated negotiating skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time