Business Operations Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Sector, Residential & Wiring Device Division is currently seeking a Business Operations Manager to join our team.
The Business Operations Manager is responsible for:
The Marina Power and Lighting business unit under the Residential & Wiring Device Division. The Business Operations Manager is responsible for leading a group of 50+ direct and indirect employees in developing and executing initiatives to drive profitability, volume, mix and market share improvement for the MP&L business. Key responsibilities include leading the development and execution of the strategic product roadmap, the development of new sales channels as well as the successful performance of all operating metrics (High 5) to exceed all profit plan goals.
- Assure the safety of employees who work in on site manufacturing and offsite service/support functions for Eaton’s Marina Power and Lighting business. Ensures strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Act as sales and marketing agent in conjunction with RWDD & NAS Sales Team to ensure top line sales objectives are met. Identify and develop prospective new customers. Keep current on the trends and significant issues in the local marketplace and work with the RWDD Sr. Marketing Leader in providing direction during the strategic planning process. Maintain effective relationships with and service to customers. Facilitate teaming with other Eaton Satellite Facilities to support multi-district customers and/or industries. Oversee the development of the MP&L product line strategy and launch execution in order to exceed profit plan results and position MP&L as #1 in the Marine power market.
- Develop forwarding looking profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly basis. Responsible for procurement, efficient execution of services being offered / cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, managing receivables (works with credit department, resolves terms & condition issues with the contracts department, work with collections), and turn of backlog and projects
- Assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district. Acts as a technical mentor and back up for field personnel.
- Effectively manages diverse workforce including manufacturing, engineering, sales and marketing professionals. Responsible for office building issues. Demonstrates good corporate citizenship. Assures the security and effective allocation of company resources and assets.
- Key interface with customers, North American sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff. Oversees coordination with plants and business units within the company and outside vendors to procure parts and services for MP&L.
- Handles escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Contribute to the division product/process improvement initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in managing and leading a sales, marketing or customer support team along with 1-3 years of manufacturing discipline experience (i.e. materials, quality, management)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required
- Knowledge of Marina Power, power distribution & control products, as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage a fiscal entity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints.
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior corporate executives, engineers and technicians.
- Broad understanding of marketing and business planning
- Developing and executing tactical and strategic plans to support the MP&L & RWDD goals.
- Incumbent must be a proven leader with strong decision-making skills.
- Must possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be able to lead and manage upwards and downwards.
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve success.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Marina, RV and temporary power products and solutions.
- Additional experience in the development of incremental business opportunities in the Industrial, Utility, Government, and Institutional markets is a plus.
- Candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
- Developing and implementing growth plans and conducting competition/ market analysis to drive product development efforts.
- Handles pressures well.
- Practical understanding of demand flow production concepts
- Practical understanding of accounting principles and P&L
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage a fiscal entity
- Strong analytical skills and computer skills
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time