Fiberglass Operator (2nd Shift)
Eaton in Pinckneyville, IL is seeking a full-time Fiberglass Operator to work 3rd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will safely operate rung prep and glue station.
- You will perform fittings assembly, straight-section assembly, straight/strut packaging, fittings packaging, and accessories packaging.
- You will operate a material handler walkie in order to gather raw materials, kitting work in process, putting away finished goods, staging finished goods, etc.
- You will use basic hand tools (pneumatic tools, measuring tools, etc.)
- You will read, interpret, and operate from basic engineering prints and drawings.
- You will be responsible for component parts and finished parts conformity.
- You will flex in other areas within the Fiberglass Department.
- You will safely and accurately set up and use a wide variety of quality tools including calipers, micrometers, tape measures, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Pinckneyville, IL will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience working with fiberglass
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience using a variety of measuring tools
- Requires ability to lift up to 50lbs of variable shapes, without assistance on a daily basis. Must be able to stand on his/her feet for up to 8-10 hours per day. Constant use of hands is essential.
- Follow safety directions for all Fiberglass equipment, lockout/tagout procedures, lifesaving rules, personal protective equipment, general safety rules/practices, etc.
- Perform all 5s and continuous improvement activities. Responsible for keeping work area clean and free from any potential hazards.
- May be required to work in other areas of the plant based on Fiberglass customer order entry.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No