Eaton Corporation’s Power Components Division is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is based out of our Moon Township, PA. office.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design and development of firmware supporting electronic trip units. This includes protection, metering, display, and communications code.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide product line support for several lines of electronic products
- You will have hardware design and analysis capability
- You will work with an external team to support PLS issues
- You will support the manufacturing team with replacement of obsolete components
- You will plan work in detail at individual level, creating a robust and track-able plan
- You will review your own work as well as other’s work in formal design and quality review
- You will test work in order to meet quality and reliability goals
- You will provide application domain expertise to product support personnel to solve field issues
- You will improve engineering design and product support processes
- You will perform and contribute to technical research and investigations
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years’ experience in designing and supporting the full life cycle of electronic devices and systems
- Candidate must live within 50 miles of Moon Township, PA. to be considered. No relocation benefits will be offered.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design
- Understanding and experience with magnetics
- Industrial fieldbus communications (e.g. Modbus RTU, BACnet MSTP, Profibus, etc.)
- Industrial Ethernet communications (e.g. Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, BACnet/IP, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of current and voltage sensing methodologies
- Knowledge of and experience with project tracking tools such as Jira
- Project management experience
- Expertise with Design for Six Sigma processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No