Job Title: Manager Engineering #069265
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Manager Engineering in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Hydraulics Group based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Hydraulics Group and Essential function is to manage the entire software development lifecycle that includes responsibility for the software estimation, planning and monitoring of the projects.
Your essential responsibilities:
• Providesleadership for the team to meet its short and long term goals.
• Provideleadership to innovate new differentiating products and services. Leadstrategic initiatives to improve the timelines and quality ofdeliverables.
• Lead designand development of embedded software, controls and software applicationsCoordinates in development of reusable and high quality softwarestrategies.
• Leadproduct specifications and architecture strategies that include ofhardware interfaces, connectivity and graphical user interfaces.
• Conducts Software Reviews to requirement analysis and software design.Identification of deviations from the requirements analysis, othererrors and improvements.
• Recruit andretain a team of engineers and support staff to provide both localproduct development and engineering services to the Global engineeringneeds.
• Train, develop and motivate team members to achieve their professional goalsand review their accomplishments.
• Understandcustomer requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and actas the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
• Monitorsprogress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports ondevelopment and support activities.
• Providesexpert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
• Reviewtechnical concepts of projects including equipment specification anddesign
• Synergiesand leverages engineering capabilities across groups.
• Managedepartment budget and performance to forecast.
• Manage anddevelops people: identifies, attracts and develops key engineeringtalent for the organization.
• Championscontinuous process improvements to support the Eaton Business System;APEX, Employee Survey, DfX & Agile SCRUM.
If you are:
- Excellent teaming skills and oral and written communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required. Proven experience on Talent management (Hire, Develop, Retain), resource allocation and project management.
- Demonstrated experience of full software development life cycle process (e.g CMMI) on multiple projects including requirements management, build management, change management, defect management and configuration management tools
- Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for Hardware/Software procurement, building test lab setups etc.
- Knowledge and experience embedded system development environment including embedded software and Microsoft .NET technologies. Solid knowledge/experience of C/C++ programming language, C#.Net, WPF, fieldbus communication protocols (e.g. CANJ1939, CANopen, Ethernet IP etc).
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design. Strong background in memory and resource-constrained real-time embedded environments.
- Good knowledge and some experience in Model based development using MATLAB, Simulink, Embedded Coder
- Proven Embedded systems experience is highly desirable. Experience and knowledge of a broad range of state-of-the-art hardware solutions is highly desirable, PIC, PowerPC, TI micro controllers, single board computers.
- Familiarity with cross compilers, design tools are desired, stand-alone application/product development. Hands-on experience with logic analyzers and oscilloscopes. Hands on experience with Emulators and simulators.
- Knowledge and use of UML, Agile methodologies
- Communication protocols – Serial RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, J1939, CANOpen, communication
- Software FMEA
- Awareness of IoT, Industrie 4.0
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills.
- Hands-on experience in Matlab/Simulink, Stateflow, and V & V Tools
- Knowledge of requirement management tools DOORS and configuration management tools viz. ClearCase.
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time