Eaton’s Hydraulic division is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Queretaro facility.
The Program Manager is responsible to support the deployment of Manufacturing Strategy initiatives for Hydraulics globally. Responsible for product introductions in the receive site related to Manufacturing Strategy Transition Projects, including execution of programming, prove-outs, PPAP, Production ramp-up, material, tooling and gaging. Responsible for the alignment of their area with broader organizational initiatives and objectives. Able to influence outcomes within broad policies. Individual will possess an understanding of business strategies, culture and work to achieve results and are able to execute work beyond the scope of their individual function.
Responsible for successful execution of the manufacturing strategy projects and programs. Holds responsibility, authority and accountability for project scope delivery and successful execution within schedule, cost, savings and quality commitments. Plays a key role in developing business proposals related to Manufacturing Strategy initiatives and executing the overall program plan. Responsible for leading ramp up of production in receive site working with the operations team
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
Lead product introductions in the receive sites related to Manufacturing Strategy Transition Projects, including execution of programming, prove-outs, PPAP, Lead Production ramp-up at the receive site working with the operations team, direct support resources at receive site to ramp up production, lead tier meetings with receive site, material, tooling and gaging
Lead continuous improvement project activities of launched products in the receive sites in conjunction with site leadership team goals and objectives.
Must establish and monitor assigned commodity performance for production and quality standards. Oversee that the manufacturing objectives for the assigned area are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Lead successful execution of the manufacturing strategy projects and programs. Holds responsibility, authority and accountability for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost, savings and quality commitments.
Manages the Lifecycle Financials of the Transition Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost, savings and quality commitments
Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
Plays a key role in developing business proposals related to Manufacturing Strategy initiatives and executing the overall program plan.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of manufacturing/operations experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Project / Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering and/or Product Development Management
- Minimum of 1 Global Manufacturing experience
- Speaks English and Spanish Fluently
- Ability to travel 25%
- Experience with phase gate project management process
- Experience with financial documents and analysis.
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Very proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Experience in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the Hydraulics Business
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing technologies and continuous improvement methods approaches and tools
- Previous experience in an Operations management role
- Expertise in the areas of quality, lean, six sigma.
- Ability to effectively influence and impact across work groups and at all levels in the organization. (working in a matrix environment)
- Strong communication skills to drive consensus and execution.
- Ability to set a vision and lead a cross functional team.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with financial documents and analysis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time