Eaton’s Aerospace is currently seeking a Lead Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
This position will be responsible for performing diversified duties related to MRP planning, scheduling, and expediting finished goods and components in order to support strategic inventory goals and to ensure on time delivery of customer orders. Leads a team of production Planners and support personnel to include monitoring daily metrics, projects, and shortages.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will execute a full desk of production planning activities while leading a team of Planners and monitoring daily metrics.
- You will be the first point of escalation for Planners to help solve issues and escalate as necessary.
- You will train, and mentor Senior Planners to develop skills and optimize potential.
- You will delegate assignments given by Materials Planning manager as necessary
- You will participate in daily Tier walks
- You will review customer orders, plan capacity and inventory to develop schedules that meet production requirements
- You will plan and release work orders as required to meet customer orders while maintaining optimum lead time and inventory level
- You will assess and interpret pertinent inventory information and data to decide the current production status. Work closely with production team to monitors work order progress. Anticipate future requirements and provide adjustments in scheduling as needed
- You will collaborate with customer service representatives to provide them with manufacturing due dates and advance notice of shipping delay information.
- You will drive shortage meetings with a cross-functional team and expedite material where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements
- You will assess data and system information to prepare reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution
- You will comply with plant safety procedures to ensure a safe environment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, or shipping / receiving working with a materials planning systems (MRP / ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in low volume, discrete manufacturing environment
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or Operations from an accredited institution
- Experience as a team lead
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time