Category Manager, Professional Services Indirect
Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Category Manager - Professional Services Indirect to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain team, the North America Professional Services Category Manager manages Office Services and Products (Leasing, Document Management, Printing etc..) and IT categories within the North American Region, ensuring an uninterrupted and timely supply at the optimum cost and quality that satisfies stakeholder requirements and company goals. This role is responsible for supplier sourcing, negotiations, contracting, supplier performance management and deploying global initiatives on occasion.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop regional strategy for assigned categories, in support of global strategies and in alignment with regional business requirements.
- You will build and maintain internal relationship with regional stakeholders at all levels to clearly understand and influence requirements for assigned categories.
- You will lead the supplier market analysis and ensure supplier qualification for RFQ’s.
- You will establish and lead regional cross-functional and cross-business supplier selection teams.
- You will lead supplier selection process and supplier negotiation to achieve the most competitive proposal in terms of pricing, service level, quality standard, process delivery for world class solutions.
- You will develop and finalize supply agreement and service level agreements in accordance with business, financial, legal and regulatory requirements.
- You will manage EATON supplier’s relationship for assigned categories across North America and create long term supplier relationships to ensure deployment programs within cost, time, & quality requirements.
- You will build performance-based supplier relationship leading to continuous and sustainable cost reductions, quality improvements, process improvements and on time delivery performance.
- You will lead and conduct supplier performance reviews on agreed KPI’s and develop continuous improvement initiative and actions.
- You will lead the Cost Out and Saving performance for assigned categories across North America identifying initiatives and directly managing Cost Out projects to fully maximize benefits.
- You will engage the Suppliers Base within assigned categories to drive innovative solutions, leading to Continuous improvement or Added Value differentiators in our internal processes or service delivery.
- You will participate in Global Commodity teams, leveraging their initiatives, ensuring adequate regional input as well as securing regional benefits from global strategies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. ISM, APICS, CPM, CPIM)
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- 2+ years’ corporate supply chain experience with accountability across multiple facilities
- 2+ years’ negotiating experience for a Fortune 1000 industrial company in a global environment
- Deep knowledge of the various Professional Services categories
- Strong data analytical skills
- Excellent SCM sourcing and supplier management process and deployment knowledge
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders including Senior Management, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain Management personnel
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge, and experience
- Expertise in negotiating/interpreting legal terms and conditions
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks globally
- Establishes high performance standards and holds self and others to them
- Ability to provide timely, complete and actionable feedback, whether positive or corrective.
- Managerial courage and willingness to challenge the ‘status quo’ as appropriate.
- Presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time