Eaton has an immediate opening for a Lean Coordinator. This position is based at our Nacogdoches facility.
The Lean Coordinator acts as a change agent plant wide, executes and deploys the Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) initiatives. Coordinate the Kaizen Events in the site as well as the continuous improvement framework (CIF). Guides the team through the Operation Assessment (OpA) and generate the information to be deployed in the plant for the Eaton Business System (EBS).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will implement the lean tools in the site such as (Value Stream Map, 5S’s, Kaizen, Set Up reduction, Cost Outs, Error Proofing, Pull System, standard work, Total Productive Maintenance, etc.)
- You will drive the Cost Out initiative in the site
- You will champion the ideas program from the Promotion, evaluation and facilitate the execution of the ideas program as well as the recognition to the submitters.
- You will periodically review the Plant Value Stream Map.
- You will perform and coordinate the Kaizen Events from the VSM output to maintain the lean tracker to choose quarterly the best Kaizen in the plant.
- You will maintain the Lean council at the plant from the meetings and gathers teams, get results from the people is part of the council.
- You will champion the 5S’s internal Audits program.
- You will coordinate the selection of critical equipment and processes plant wide with the Engineering, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Departments accordingly.
- You will participate in the improvements of the key value creation process (KVCP’s) as part of the EBS.
- You will support the MESH Initiatives and Zero accident culture. You will also support the Eaton Quality Systems as well as EBE, ISO/TS, etc
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience deploying lean or continuous improvement tools
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation offered – must live within 50 miles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Formal training/certification in Lean (5S, Standard work, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Setup Reduction (SUR), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Lean Material Flow (LMF) and 6 Sigma
- Experience in an engineered to order environment
Position Success Criteria :
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Power Point, SAP, Visio, Minitab (or any Statistical software)
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities across multiple sites
- Experienced Lean and Six Sigma trainer and mentor
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time