Plant Accounting Manager
Quality Division is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team. This position is
based at our Youngsville, NC Plant (about 20 minutes North of Raleigh, NC).
This position sits on the plant leadership team, reports to the plant manager,
and functionally to the controller for the Distributed Power Quality business
Eaton’s finance function plays a critical part in making Eaton a Premier Power Management Company through world-class functional skills and efficiency, combined with impactful analysis and leadership as partners with operating management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You are the finance leader for the plant – you will plan, coordinate, monitor, and lead all plant location Finance and Accounting activities.
• You will manage the finance function through the development of financial processes to facilitate the requirement to deliver timely and accurate financial forecasts as well as timely and accurate month-end closing activities in order to provide accurate and timely operating results/statements/reports.
• You will ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and proper reviews take place.
• You will develop, enhance, maintain and utilize a production reporting system that supports the leadership team with pertinent financial analysis and data to ensure maximum financial and operational performance as well as accurate and timely forecasts.
• You will apply broad financial skills to drive an effective business partnership with Plant Manager, Plant Leadership team and divisional finance function incuding delivering proactive, insightful analysis.
• You will analyze business, operational and financial data to understand key business variables and effects on the business including price, cost, volume, mix and overhead.
• You will track and maintain cost savings projects and economic trends. You will proactively seek opportunities to improve results through cost reduction, increased margins and and effective capital management.
• You will prepare the annual profit plan by gathering inputs from product marketing, production and F&A budget holders. You will prepare presentations to executive management.
• You will prepare and review Sarbanes-Oxley documentation along with improving financial and business practices.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum Three (3) years professional progressive experience in Accounting or Finance related positions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of cost accounting, financial planning, and forecasting
- Ability to think strategically and see big picture in dynamic business environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately and professionally across many organizational levels and functions
- Ability to operate with high regard to financial integrity, trust, confidentiality, ethics
- Ability to demonstrate strong working knowledge of financial accounting requirements under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Eaton financial policies
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Related Master’s Degree or MBA
- Previous experience in systems including SAP, Khalix
- Experience with internal and external Audits
- Manufacturing industry experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time