The primary function of this position is to provide end user support, support device lifecycle management, and ensure compliance with all of Eaton's policies and procedures with minimal supervision. Our customers include all of Eaton’s users (local and remote).
'- Deployment, configuration, and support of hardware (PC, laptop, mobile, printing, etc.), client operating systems, and productivity software for end users.
- Follow IT Service Management (ITSM) processes: asset management, change management, incident management, request management, problem management, and project management to serve end users and maintain high levels of performance in achieving service level agreements.
- Responsible for annual refresh of IT disaster recovery plan, as well as walkthrough of plan with stakeholders if required.
- Participate in application, infrastructure, security, operational excellence initiatives, and support activities as needed.
- Assist with support of site-based IT systems.
- Participate in trouble-shooting and resolution of larger IT issues. Participate in efforts related to root cause analysis and problem management as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Liaison between IT and users to drive IT standards. Advocate, influence, and assure compliance to IT standards and policies. Share information about best practices with end users to increase user satisfaction and productivity.
- Participate in internal audits related to IT processes, procedures, software, and systems. Influence budgeting, forecasting, and spending for IT infrastructure as required.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures always, including, but not limited to: ethics, data protection, information security, human resources, and compliance policies and procedures. Protect both Eaton's physical and information assets.
- Scope of Responsibility - Regional
- Measurable Statistics the role impacts; ITSM metrics and scorecard performance, IT infrastructure standards and Eaton policy adherence, project performance and customer satisfaction
- Associate degree or high school diploma
- Bachelor degree
- ITIL foundations certification
- CompTIA A+ certification
- 2 years IT experience required
- Ability to adapt and learn; to support complex IT environments that may contain various operating systems, desktop, network, phone, and mobile technology
- IT Service Management (ITIL) - Asset Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem Management, and Change Management
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time