Senior Test Analyst - Performance Testing
Job Title: Senior Analyst - QA (Performance Testing)
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 99,000 people worldwide, and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a our IT team in a large multi-national company. The role offers a broad variety of responsibilities including great learning opportunities.
Brief primary function of your role:
The Senior Analyst will be a key role within the Core Functions of QA CoE.
A. This Senior Analyst will be responsible for building the core capabilities of performance testing for applications/systems across the organization.
B. The position involves defining performance testing approach, creating plans, executing plans via test script creation and execution and maintaining status for projects.
C. He/she will collaborate very closely with various cross-functional project teams to fulfill their Performance Testing requirements by either executing the work himself/herself or by providing guidance/oversight to Performance Test Analysts.
Your essential responsibilities include:
• Actively engage with BAs, architects, PMs and developers in reviewing and analyzing the requirement documents and find the gaps in performance testing requirements
• Conduct analysis (Scope, ROI etc.) and define the approach for performance testing
• Design, develop and maintain effective reusable enterprise wide solutions for performance testing
• Understand & leverage technology specific protocols, integration with diagnostic and monitoring tools, troubleshoot and resolve performance testing related issues
• Develop performance modelling, benchmarking and contribute in capacity planning, infrastructure optimization
• Work on setting up the test environment (hardware, web, application, database server) and coordinate with infrastructure team.
• Conduct identified types of performance tests (stress, volume, load, etc.) on the applications
• Analyze results, provide recommendations towards resolving performance related issues, optimizing and tuning
• Report status of performance testing engagements to relevant stakeholders and raise issues/risks in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance to Eaton standard processes
• Conduct research and development activities, tool evaluation, Proof Of Concepts etc. for performance testing based on industry trends and Eaton needs
• Participate in Continuous improvement initiatives related to processes or policies impacting QA for the applications/projects/enterprise.
• Support in defining processes and best practices for performance testing.
• Ensure effective utilization of the quality tools for performance testing, co-ordinate with other Testing Teams
• Provide training on performance testing related topics.
If you have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Masters in Computer applications with 7-10 years of QA experience with focus on performance testing
• Excellent understanding of SDLC and STLC of different development methodologies including waterfall, agile, iterative etc.
• Experience in working with cross functional groups
• Expertise in performance engineering capabilities for moderately complex programs
• Strong experience and capabilities in using Performance Testing tools specifically, the MicroFocus Tools (LoadRunner/Performance Center) and monitoring tools such as Sitescope, Diagnostics, CA Wily etc.
• Strong experience in work load modelling and designing reusable optimized performance test solutions
• Strong experience and capabilities in conducting analysis for performance testing requirements, defining performance testing strategy and in planning and estimating performance test activities
• Manage multiple priorities at the same time
• Must have very good communication and interpersonal skills with experience of direct stakeholder involvement
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Industry recognized Quality Assurance certification desired.
• Experience in testing ERP applications and Web applications strongly desired.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time