Eaton is currently seeking a Material Planner to join our team! This position is based at our Mississauga, ON (Kenway satellite) facility.
The Material Planner will be responsible for analyzing, establishing, and executing the planning, ordering, scheduling of material to meet the production schedule, including internally and externally sourced parts, as well as ensure an acceptable level of material is available to support the manufacturing and sales products for the Mississauga Satellite.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will analyze data, including materials requirements planning information to determine stocking policies.
• You will set up and maintain accurate Item Master attributes for Satellite.
• You will manage inventory levels in relation to customer requirements and inventory targets and goals.
• You disposition of depreciated and slow-moving inventory (excess & obsolete).
• You will work with Quality on non-conforming components for timely disposition.
• You will communicate with the Financial Service Center (FSC) to clear on hold invoices in our Markview AP4220 (Canada) web box and personal web inbox with a timely manner to avoid supply interruptions or penalties.
• You will co-ordinate with Engineering to ensure the timely ordering of Advance Material Order requirements for long lead time items and project-based orders.
• You will create and re-schedule orders for material to support stocking policies.
• You will analyze, prioritize and communicate shortages to manager and escalate expediting to ensure schedules are met.
• You will utilize Kanban and Bulk processes to ensure material availability and reduce cycle times.
• You will work with the production staff to ensure Kanban and production Kanban pull sequences, as well as bulk items are maintained according to production requirements.
• You will work with purchasing to communicate with suppliers on Material quality, on-time deliveries and overall performance.
• You will review, update and reschedule customer orders, discrete jobs, purchase orders and internal orders to maintain current and up-to-date master production schedule.
• You will lead and coordinate the quarterly physical inventory process.
• You will assist with the receiving function and root cause BOH issues in Oracle.
• You will work with Simore, our Perth facility and the main plants to maximize utilization of the Eaton east/West trucks.
• You will work with purchasing to identify cost out opportunities related to outside purchased materials.
• You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Values and Philosophy, as well as the Safety and Environmental Standards.
• You will perform other duties as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
• University Degree or College Diploma specializing in Business or Materials Management.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a materials or logistics in a computerized MRP environment.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of Missasauga, ON, Canada facility will be considered.
• Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time