Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Compliance Analyst. The Compliance Analyst position will be at Eaton’s Electrical Headquarters located in Moon Township, PA.
The Compliance Analyst will be a member of the ESSG compliance team which is focused on driving internal control efforts throughout the business. The incumbent will help set and ensure adherence with Eaton policy, internal control standards, and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The compliance team serves as a business partner to the divisions and plant teams. The Analyst will support accurate and timely reporting to Group management on control initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support the 2nd level balance sheet review (BSR) program for the business. Activities include:
- Monitor the BSR calendar to ensure timely completion of reviews.
- Track the remediation of control deficiencies and work closely with management to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- You will provide help for key ESSG compliance processes, including (but not limited to): DSA process, segregation of duties & access reviews, balance sheet reviews, reconciliation procedures, etc.
- You will provide assistance with monthly testing of sales orders to support revenue recognition control requirements. To include: selecting sample, requesting documents, follow-up procedures, etc.
- You will work with the site teams on the remediation of audit gaps (i.e. Internal Audit, SOX, EY, DSA) to ensure issues are closed timely and corrective actions are implemented.
- You will serve as a temporary resource and provide direct assistance to sites in the completion of key compliance and accounting requirements during periods of employee turnover or resource shortage.
- You will support other Group level compliance initiatives, and/or financial process improvements, as required.
- You will serve as a guest validator and support SOX internal control validations as required. Perform on-site and off-site control testing using Wdesk internal control test plans and analytical procedures.
- You will serve as the liaison with EY staff on ESSG / site documentation requests.
- You will perform special projects related to compliance on an as-needed basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting, finance policy and/or internal control standards
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Basic understanding of financial business processes (INV, OTC, PTP, RTR)
- Proven project management skills
- Flexibility to anticipate and react to changes
- Advanced desktop analytic skills (Excel skills are a necessity)
- Understanding of Eaton financial systems and standards preferred
- Multi-cultural awareness and experience beneficial
- Travel up to 30%
- Accounting experience within a global manufacturing plant
- Public accounting experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time